This hands-on tutorial will give an overview of how OpenNebula is used to build and operate private clouds. The attendees will build, configure and operate their own OpenNebula cloud.
- An introduction to cloud computing with OpenNebula
- The architecture of the cloud
- Planning and installing OpenNebula
- Configuration and basic usage
The target audience is devops and system administrators interested in deploying a private cloud solution, or in the integration of OpenNebula with other platform.
- Describe the features and benefits of using virtualization and clouds
- Describe different architectures for a cloud that can be deployed with OpenNebula
- Deployment and basic configuration OpenNebula
- Basic operation of an OpenNebula cloud instance
No prior OpenNebula skills are required, but participants should have working knowledge of virtualization, networking and Unix/Linux systems.
The course includes hands-on exercises to be performed using attendee’s wifi-enabled laptops with VirtualBox installed. The attendees will build, configure and operate their own OpenNebula cloud.